Remember that bit from season 1 of HBO’s Silicon Valley when every single startup got up on stage and said “we’re making the world a better place”? Well, at Wellth we actually are. Our product literally saves lives while making the broken US healthcare system more efficient.
This is the opportunity to join a fast-growing startup, take on a tremendous amount of responsibility, and see the tangible impact of your work on a daily basis. It is the perfect fit for an individual who spent the first part of their career learning and growing at a top-tier (FB, Amazon, Google, etc) technology company and now wants to apply those skills in a smaller team where they can have much more impact.
The Senior Full-Stack Engineer is a hands-on individual contributor with the ability to mentor and inspire engineering teammates to produce their finest work. The Senior Full-Stack Engineer is product-focused, understanding the context and ensuring that stable and effective code is released to solve real business and customer needs. With many years of experience in highly effective software teams, the Senior Full-Stack Engineer embodies best practices and sets the example for the rest of the team.
- Own the development and deployment process of important new functionality
- Architect and implement new features in our React Native mobile apps
- Develop server-side GraphQL queries and mutations in Node.js / PostgreSQL
- Gradually convert our queue-based monolith to a set of performant services
- Conduct thorough and helpful pull request reviews
- Mentor more junior team members
- Lead team by example with best practices: design patterns, unit testing, CI/CD
- Collect feedback and generate new product feature ideas
- Min BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Math, or similar
- 6+ years experience in software engineering
- Ability and desire to mentor junior and mid-level engineers
- Full-stack background, from basic dev ops to database architecture to front-end (PostgreSQL, React, TypeScript, Node.js)
- Production React Native experience
- GraphQL experience
- Machine learning experience, especially image recognition
- Queue-based processing and reasonable microservices approach
If the idea of working with smart people on cutting-edge technology to save lives is appealing... apply!
No recruiters, please.